Lessons for Jack: Wrath vs. hate

I was deeply moved by the penultimate (yes, I know, no one says "penultimate") episode of Season 13, "Exodus."

Now, I know there is little love in the fandom for this particular writing tandem, but this script had so much heavy lifting to do to tie all the various storylines of Season 13 together.

To me, the entire season hinged on those storylines coming together satisfactorily, and "Exodus" more than delivered.

I loved all of the dialogue and first-time-ever character interactions, but the one that was most important to me was Jack facing off with Lucifer, and Lucifer's predictably insidious plan to win Jack over. (The depth of the performances by Mark Pellegrino and Alex Calvert can't be overstated. Both were amazing, both in this and in the finale episode.)

The Twitter roleplayers give me a very welcome chance to interact with the characters I love, and I, seeing that Lucifer was insinuating himself with Jack in "Exodus," tried to head things off with my very good friend @jacklovesnougat. We've all helped Jack learn about the world through Twitter, and I thought this'd be a very good chance to teach him about the difference between wrath and hate.

(Of course, being the very good soul Jack is, it turned out he didn't need my help at all. His rejection of Lucifer in the finale was one of the most gratifying moments of the season.)

Here's my "homework" for Jack regarding wrath vs. hate. I hope you enjoy it.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surprise

Normal Sucks

Savor