Saying goodbye
For @DWImpalaOwner:
— Dean's Not Fine #EatMeDickbag (@DeanIsntFine) May 16, 2018
I know you've heard me say I have a bad feeling about what's going to happen tomorrow, the worst feeling I've had in a long while.
I know you've said you're fine. I know you say you'd never do something reckless. You even said you could never hurt me. (c)
I also know you'll do anything to protect your family.
— Dean's Not Fine #EatMeDickbag (@DeanIsntFine) May 16, 2018
I know you'll sacrifice yourself. I can't stop you from doing it. But you have to give me a chance to do one last thing...
You have let me say goodbye. (c) pic.twitter.com/peVeVromBP
It's tough to put into words what you've meant to me. You've shattered and mended my heart so many times I've lost count.
— Dean's Not Fine #EatMeDickbag (@DeanIsntFine) May 16, 2018
When I first saw you so desperate to keep your family together, my heart hurt, but I saw me. (c)
When you put everyone else above yourself, my heart cried, but I saw me.
— Dean's Not Fine #EatMeDickbag (@DeanIsntFine) May 16, 2018
When I first saw you be gentle with a child, my heart soared. I saw me.
When you picked up a razor in hell, when you broke? It broke me. (c) pic.twitter.com/uPh9j3kwBw
When someone who loves you tries to reach out, to give you comfort, you bristle. "How are *you* doing?" Bobby asked. Your answer?
— Dean's Not Fine #EatMeDickbag (@DeanIsntFine) May 16, 2018
"Who cares?"
I care. (c)
You said protecting Sammy was more than what you do, it's who you are. But when he was ready to sacrifice himself to put Lucifer back in the cage, you let him decide. You let him grow up.
— Dean's Not Fine #EatMeDickbag (@DeanIsntFine) May 16, 2018
*You* grew up. (c)
But you wouldn't say yes to Michael. You considered it. You were ready to do it.
— Dean's Not Fine #EatMeDickbag (@DeanIsntFine) May 16, 2018
Instead, you chose free will. You stabbed fate in the face. You inspired an angel to rebel. You inspired me. (c) pic.twitter.com/w0bou92x7l
Now, you're getting ready to make another big choice. I can feel it. And I know, it's not on me to *let* you do anything. Or to keep you from doing it.
— Dean's Not Fine #EatMeDickbag (@DeanIsntFine) May 16, 2018
But you need to know I'm here.
I'm not gonna leave you.
... So I guess it's not goodbye after all.
</chick_flick>
This series of tweets was intended for @dwimpalaowner, a Dean Winchester roleplayer on Twitter who has become very dear to me. Interacting with this account has been a joy, and an excellent way to exorcise some of my pain regarding the inevitable Dean/Michael storyline that I had dreaded all season long. So, thanks, Dean... I've always got your back. <3
ReplyDelete