Lessons for Michael: On humanity's standard-bearer
But this time it was Michael who seemed eager to chat. The conversation started when the bemused archangel ticked off Dean's list of the wonders of the world... but listed only six.
Interesting. According to Dean, in this world the seven wonders of the world are, beer, pie, bacon, coffee, a 1967 Chevy Impala, and Led Zeppelin.
— Michael!Dean Winchester (@DWImpalaOwner) June 2, 2018
I felt like I had to chime in.
Actually, HE is the seventh.
— Dean's Not Fine (Team Broomstick Cowboys) (@DeanIsntFine) June 2, 2018
That touched off quite the conversation about Dean's virtues... about which I am something of an expert!
I truly do believe that, in Season 14, Dean won't have to fight Michael. So many Big Bads have come to admire Dean Winchester, and none has had a closer view than Michael. There's no way he'll resist.
Here's how the rest of the conversation unfolded. (Do yourself a favor and follow @DWImpalaOwner.)
Really? He's just a human.
— Michael!Dean Winchester (@DWImpalaOwner) June 2, 2018
I thought you'd know him better by now. Hmm.
— Dean's Not Fine (Team Broomstick Cowboys) (@DeanIsntFine) June 2, 2018
Still, I'm going to let that slide.
Tell him I miss him. And that we are going to get him back. pic.twitter.com/2Z8pbudvvC
He is very hard to get to know. What I know so far is that he has an obsession for food and rock music, and he's in love with a car. He also thinks about his angel and his brother a lot. But I will tell him. He misses you too.
— Michael!Dean Winchester (@DWImpalaOwner) June 2, 2018
There was a time, a sad time, when he felt so lost and overwhelmed that he longed for oblivion. He might have welcomed you then, and that's just about the saddest thing I can think of. But now, he's stronger. He knows we're here, and that he's worth fighting for.
— Dean's Not Fine (Team Broomstick Cowboys) (@DeanIsntFine) June 2, 2018
I do sense a lot of sadness and pain inside him, some of it dating back almost a decade. It is buried deep though, so I'm not sure what caused it. But aside of that, he does have a lot of strength and determination, especially when he's talking to you and others on this app.
— Michael!Dean Winchester (@DWImpalaOwner) June 2, 2018
He's always been motivated first and foremost to protect others. But now he sees a future with the ones he loves. He won't let you hurt anyone, and he'll fight for that future. I was so worried for him... but I know he'll find a way to do both.
— Dean's Not Fine (Team Broomstick Cowboys) (@DeanIsntFine) June 2, 2018
He won't be able to fight me, but if he doesn't hurt me or try to kick me out, then I have no reason to hurt him. I've said before that I need my vessel to be in the best condition it can be, in order for myself to be at full power.
— Michael!Dean Winchester (@DWImpalaOwner) June 2, 2018
Plus he owes @IAmCalledJack a hug.
— Dean's Not Fine (Team Broomstick Cowboys) (@DeanIsntFine) June 2, 2018
From what I've heard, Dean doesn't like hugs. He says he doesn't want a "chick flick moment"
— Michael!Dean Winchester (@DWImpalaOwner) June 2, 2018
Yeah, he's lying. He does that to protect himself.
— Dean's Not Fine (Team Broomstick Cowboys) (@DeanIsntFine) June 2, 2018
It's unlikely you'll ever know the real Dean Winchester, and such is the pity.
What else is there to know about Dean?
— Michael!Dean Winchester (@DWImpalaOwner) June 2, 2018
I've known him for many years, and even I don't know everything. But I know more than most. Because I pay very close attention. You could do the same... especially if you let him take control. Watch what he does, how he works. It'll become clear very quickly. He's remarkable.
— Dean's Not Fine (Team Broomstick Cowboys) (@DeanIsntFine) June 2, 2018
I have learned that he tends to put other people before himself, but if he takes over then what guarantee do I have that he won't kick me out?
— Michael!Dean Winchester (@DWImpalaOwner) June 2, 2018
None at all. He'll be concerned, though, that you'll burn through vessels as Lucifer did.
— Dean's Not Fine (Team Broomstick Cowboys) (@DeanIsntFine) June 2, 2018
UNLIKE you, though, he's a man of his word. You made a deal. He might consider that you breaking that deal is cause enough to fight you. Or...
...he might realize that it'd be better to have a powerful ally. Whatever he chooses, it'll be an honorable choice. For the greater good.
— Dean's Not Fine (Team Broomstick Cowboys) (@DeanIsntFine) June 2, 2018
I won't do that as long as I have him as a vessel. I guess I will just have to try to prove myself to him by showing him that he can be powerful while still in control. He was in control during that whole fight with Lucifer. I believe he enjoyed it.
— Michael!Dean Winchester (@DWImpalaOwner) June 2, 2018
Oh, I have no doubt of that. Lucifer brought his family near-endless pain, stretching all the way back to his protege Azazel. But his version of Michael wasn't innocent in that, and that's why Dean rejected him. He had no interest in an angel grudge match then or now.
— Dean's Not Fine (Team Broomstick Cowboys) (@DeanIsntFine) June 2, 2018
What interested him, then AND now, is protecting his family. Protecting innocent lives. Ending the threat from Lucifer was LONG overdue. Dean is not above revenge, although he's much more circumspect about it now. Wiser. With experience.
— Dean's Not Fine (Team Broomstick Cowboys) (@DeanIsntFine) June 2, 2018
He won't lose his honor or his humanity to defeat you.
— Dean's Not Fine (Team Broomstick Cowboys) (@DeanIsntFine) June 2, 2018
I'll admit, you know him well. Better than I do. I've never met a human who is so devoted to protecting his family. But I don't trust easily. That's why I tend to put my vessels in a dream.
— Michael!Dean Winchester (@DWImpalaOwner) June 2, 2018
Next time you talk to him, ask him about the djinn dream. He had a chance at that kind of false happiness, and it pained him, but he rejected it.
— Dean's Not Fine (Team Broomstick Cowboys) (@DeanIsntFine) June 2, 2018
Your vessel is an absolute bastion of free will. Really, humanity's standard-bearer. Your father understood it.
He doesn't share much with me but I will ask him about that dream. It might help me to understand him better.
— Michael!Dean Winchester (@DWImpalaOwner) June 2, 2018
I hope you'll also investigate the state of heaven... that might be the place where you can do the most good.
— Dean's Not Fine (Team Broomstick Cowboys) (@DeanIsntFine) June 2, 2018
I say that selfishly, of course, because I don't want to see you reduce Dean's world to ashes. And because I'd do anything for Dean.
I've heard about the small number of angels. Tomorrow I'm going to go to Heaven's sandbox and try to recruit the angels.
— Michael!Dean Winchester (@DWImpalaOwner) June 2, 2018
The world won't be reduced to ashes. I made some mistakes on my old world, but this one will be perfect.
I can't wait for my next conversation with Michael! He has much to learn about Dean's world. There's no better teacher than Dean himself.I appreciate you listening, Michael. And so far, I appreciate your restraint.
— Dean's Not Fine (Team Broomstick Cowboys) (@DeanIsntFine) June 2, 2018
Comments
Post a Comment