"Sunlight Moon," featuring Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki and Misha Collins

Ahhhh, life on the road.

There have been many songs written about the grind of touring, from the musician's perspective. Less common is a song from the perspective of a dad.

When Bruce Hornsby wrote "Sunlight Moon," he was an older dad of young twins. (Bruce is 63... Russell and Keith -- named after famous piano players -- are now 26.) It's a touching look at the moment of saying goodbye, and how hard it is when the kiddos are at that age when they don't understand why Dad's going away, again.

Our favorite three dads have kids who are just that age. They work away from home -- and then spend most weekends away too, catering to us, a different kind of family, at conventions. From some of the bad behavior I've read about since I joined this fandom, I think it's important for us, as fans, to understand and appreciate what Jensen, Jared and Misha are sacrificing. 

Nothing helps me remember that more than this song.

The song is attached below; earbuds or headphones are best. I hope you enjoy it. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surprise

Normal Sucks

Savor