God and the Scribe
God and the Scribe
aka “Every writer needs a good editor"
A poem by Jennie @deanisntfine
Written for the #SPNBDAY2018 project
That our Show puts God, the creator, in the guise of author is something that strikes me as completely perfect. And, as an editor, the relationship is one I'm intimately familiar with.
It reminded me of this piece I wrote for this past summer's #SPNBDAY2018 project. I hope you enjoy it.
The writer creates.
Tiny worlds of intricate dimension.
He becomes God.
The editor... seeks only truth.
The creator is committed to His truth.
He's sure of it. His story. His way.
The editor challenges that certainty.
The editor... introduces discomfort.
The editor could be a "yes" man,
Just the angel nearest the door.
After all, the creator has A Vision,
And boundless, unfettered power.
But the editor says... No.
Mustering steel in a jellylike spine,
He puts aside fear, sycophancy.
He demands the truth.
Faced with God's blinding light,
The editor... holds up a mirror.
And the creator, at last,
Sees himself.

<333
ReplyDelete