Thinky Thoughts: Laying down some canon fire
Michael: Tell me. Why do you love this worldenough to risk your own life?
Castiel: Tell me. Why do you hate this world enoughto burn it to the ground?
How pissed off Michael must have been to find out that God was a close, personal friend of Dean Winchester's. #Supernatural #Nihilism rewatch— Dean's Not Fine #SPN300 💔🥃🥧 (@DeanIsntFine) January 18, 2019
Whoa... Steve Yockey, while doing some emotional, in-depth work with dialog and parallels in "Nihilism," also dropped some serious canon in our laps, didn't he?
#Supernatural #Nihilism rewatch— Dean's Not Fine #SPN300 💔🥃🥧 (@DeanIsntFine) January 18, 2019
Cas is so absolutely done with hearing his brothers whine about their dad.
I guess we shouldn't be surprised to hear that Michael has a beef with God... But in one little exchange with Cas, Yockey explains what we've all been wondering since the AU was introduced: Multiple worlds... multiple versions of God? Turns out, no. There is only one Chuck... and Michael is gunning for him. He and his Lucifer fought the Apocalypse for the same reasons that our fun pair of archangels wanted to... to get the attention of Daddy. Spoiler alert: The big man never showed. Inside Dean Winchester's mind, Michael thinks he's finally found the reason why.
Michael: God -- Chuck -- is a writer, and like all writers,
He churns out draft after draft. My world? This world?Nothing but failed drafts. And when He realizes that they're flawed,He moves on and tries again. ... Now, at first, I thought I'd do it better.Show Him. Be more God than God. But now I just want to burnevery one of His little worlds until I catch up to the old man.
Castiel: And then what?
Michael: Even God can die.
The bright side to that is that Chuck -- while he didn't think the Apocalypse was "his problem" -- very much took it personally when Amara was freed. Chuck kinda has a soft spot for the Winchesters' world... I'm hoping that a similar threat from one of presumably countless copies of his firstborn will bring him back from wherever he's been hiding for three years.
And I hope he brings Big Sis. Then Junior's gonna have some 'splaining to do.
Next up: I've always wanted to get inside Dean Winchester... or have I?

Yes - that explanation from Michael about Chuck helped answer my questions about how Dean/Sam's world and the AU world can exist. Chuck draft after draft explains that - just wonder how many other worlds Chuck's abandoned - and how many other Archangel brothers are out there - yikes!.
ReplyDeleteThere's almost a parallel between Sam/Dean/John and the Archangel Brothers/Chuck. Both sets of brothers were left and/or abandoned by their dads at some point. Find it interesting that they all seem to be trying to prove a point with John and Chuck.
Hmmmmm
Listening to Michael speak about Chuck added another layer in the father/son issues of the show, which really, I think is intriguing.
ReplyDeleteI, too, am wondering if Chuck will have to appear in order to save the "Winchesters' world." And if He does, will He survive sticking His neck out?
Wild prediction: season 14's finale cliffhanger is that God. Is. Dead.