Time Enough to Cry

My beautiful friend and GISH teammate, Caitlin, is back at it today with her Chosen Love Challenge!


Wow! This one is the best yet! And because I have so many favorite songs... I decided to throw a tricky puzzle/theme in there. (The answer is in the comments below!) So, please enjoy my totally plagiarized poem, "Time Enough to Cry."



A pretty lady looked at me and said
her diamond watch had stopped cold dead.

Your tomorrow's not the same as today, I said.

Where do you run when it's too much to bear?
Who do you turn to when nobody's there?

Day is night in New York City.
Smoke, like water, runs inside.

Steel idle trees to pity
Every living thing that's died.

Life is like the coldest winter.
People freeze the tears I cry.

People runnin' everywhere.
Being pushed and shoved, trying to beat the clock.

Just run around, run around and think why
We've all got time enough to cry.

Comments

  1. The three songs are "Hold On," by Kansas, "Does Anybody Really Know What Time it Is?" by Chicago and "Hitch a Ride" by Boston. Common thread? Kansas, Chicago, Boston... You've got it! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Surprise

Normal Sucks

Savor