Celebrating #SPN300: Season 6, "The Man Who Would Be King"
"Hey, dumbass! There are other characters besides Dean in Supernatural... You know that, right?"
There are?!? *shocked face*
Yes, yes, I know and love all the characters of Supernatural.
I even love all the seasons of Supernatural. Including the much-maligned Season 6.
In fact, I love everything about Season 6 -- most importantly of all: The treachery.
You could probably search Twitter for @DeanIsntFine and "treachery" and come up with a dozen examples of me squeeing about it.
It's positively Greek, this season. Shakespearean. "I believe it's what you would call a -- tragedy, from the human perspective." And I will never fail to be captivated by it.
Most captivating of all would be this scene in "The Man Who Would Be King," where Dean is at last faced with Cas' betrayal. Everything about this scene resonates with me, and to me, it's the very epitome of drama. The pain on their faces. The bad choices. The missed opportunities. The anger. The regret.
I can't say enough good things about this scene. For me, when they're staring each other down, it's like the Earth stands still.
What are your favorite moments from Season 6? Let us know in the comments below.
There are?!? *shocked face*
Yes, yes, I know and love all the characters of Supernatural.
I even love all the seasons of Supernatural. Including the much-maligned Season 6.
In fact, I love everything about Season 6 -- most importantly of all: The treachery.
You could probably search Twitter for @DeanIsntFine and "treachery" and come up with a dozen examples of me squeeing about it.
It's positively Greek, this season. Shakespearean. "I believe it's what you would call a -- tragedy, from the human perspective." And I will never fail to be captivated by it.
Most captivating of all would be this scene in "The Man Who Would Be King," where Dean is at last faced with Cas' betrayal. Everything about this scene resonates with me, and to me, it's the very epitome of drama. The pain on their faces. The bad choices. The missed opportunities. The anger. The regret.
I can't say enough good things about this scene. For me, when they're staring each other down, it's like the Earth stands still.
Castiel: "It sounds so simple when you say it like that. Where were you when I needed to hear it?"
Dean: "I was there. Where were you?"
What are your favorite moments from Season 6? Let us know in the comments below.

Gotta say, I'm pretty fond of season 6. In fact, in my ratings system, it and season 1 are tied with a 3.41/5 average.
ReplyDeleteAnd "The Man Who Would Be King" is definitely one of my top episodes. Episodes centered around Cass are a rare gift, and I relish in their beauty (even though this one hurts a lot).
I was going to write about "The French Mistake," but that's a bit of an obvious favorite. So, I'm gonna give a shout-out to the season premiere. How do you bring a show back that already aired its more-or-less-perfect finale, ESPECIALLY when its showrunner is someone new? Well, let me tell ya, Gamble and the whole team pulled it off. How they were able to capture Dean's last year with Lisa and Ben in essentially a snap-shot was nothing short of art. But the episode continued to give. We find that Sam's alive (?!), that Bobby knows Sam is alive (?!), that Samuel is somehow back from the dead (?!), and more...