Celebrating #SPN300: Season 13, "Various and Sundry Villains"
I give Season 13 a very hard time.
I need to watch the whole thing through a few more times... All I know is it starts off savagely violent, and the relentless brutality of it continues throughout the season. I'm not sure what it was all meant to do.
The fact that it culminates in heartbreak for me, the worst thing I could imagine -- Dean saying "yes" to Michael -- doesn't help.
But there are moments that I did love. And this one made me literally jump out of my seat and cheer.
I love Castiel. I love him in all of his forms. Seeing him struggle with what can only be called depression starting in Season 11 had been very difficult for me.
Watching him reclaim his faith, his mission, as protector of Jack was an important step on his road back. Just as that mission was about to be fulfilled, he died by Lucifer's hand.
Then, Castiel's encounter with the Empty... well, that was just another puzzling, brutal moment in a season that for me seemed filled with them.
Then this. Cas manipulates Lucifer so deftly, then delivers the coup de grace that we all have longed to give. Too bad it wasn't fatal.
I'm reserving judgment on Season 13 as a whole... but VSV stands out as one of those episodes that did a lot of work, brought a lot of storylines into clearer focus, and just overall made me feel better.
What are your favorite moments from Season 13? Let us know in the comments below.
I need to watch the whole thing through a few more times... All I know is it starts off savagely violent, and the relentless brutality of it continues throughout the season. I'm not sure what it was all meant to do.
The fact that it culminates in heartbreak for me, the worst thing I could imagine -- Dean saying "yes" to Michael -- doesn't help.
But there are moments that I did love. And this one made me literally jump out of my seat and cheer.
“This is me, learning from my mistakes.”
I love Castiel. I love him in all of his forms. Seeing him struggle with what can only be called depression starting in Season 11 had been very difficult for me.
Watching him reclaim his faith, his mission, as protector of Jack was an important step on his road back. Just as that mission was about to be fulfilled, he died by Lucifer's hand.
Then, Castiel's encounter with the Empty... well, that was just another puzzling, brutal moment in a season that for me seemed filled with them.
Then this. Cas manipulates Lucifer so deftly, then delivers the coup de grace that we all have longed to give. Too bad it wasn't fatal.
I'm reserving judgment on Season 13 as a whole... but VSV stands out as one of those episodes that did a lot of work, brought a lot of storylines into clearer focus, and just overall made me feel better.
What are your favorite moments from Season 13? Let us know in the comments below.

We're really gonna have to chat about season 13 soon. ;] I was so proud of Cass in that moment. <3
ReplyDeleteA very pleasant surprise for me in season 13 was Jack. At the end of season 12, I didn't really want to get to know Lucifer's kid. But oh! What a wonderful being Jack turned out to be. He quickly became one of my favorite characters, and a welcomed addition to the--already perfect--Team Free Will. =']