Celebrating #SPN300: Season 14, "Damaged Goods"
It was all I'd ever needed from Mary Winchester.
I wrote about this scene extensively in my Thinky Thoughts post titled "How Mary and I got square." Some of what I wrote there is reposted below.
Way back in "Who We Are," when Dean confessed that he hated Mary as much as he loved her, he begged her: "Mom, I need you to see me."
Here, at Donna's cabin, Mary finally sees him. She hears him. She listens to the story about his botched childhood efforts at making Winchester Surprise. She finally sees her little boys, alone in some motel room somewhere, fending for themselves -- with Dean shouldering the burden of responsibility. She finally hears about how John raged at them for stinking up the place -- for reminding him of her.
All I ever wanted was for Mary to hear that, one time. She doesn't have anything to answer for. She wasn't even alive. I get that. But if she wants to know her sons as men, she needs to look that in the face.
“Sometimes I forget just how much I missed while I was gone... how much the two of you just…”
What are your favorite moments from Season 14 so far? Let us know in the comments below.

Comments
Post a Comment