Celebrating #SPN300: Season 7, "Death's Door"
How much do you love Bobby Singer?
Speaking for this idjit, it's a whole damn lot.
Thinking about the nature of fatherhood throughout the show, and facing Bobby's last (well, "last" for Supernatural is never last) chapter, how fitting it is that Season 7's "Death's Door" all comes back to the relationships between fathers and sons.
In the most stunning and moving way possible, as Dick Roman's bullet eats away at Bobby's brain, we find out the story of Bobby's own father -- how that experience shaped his entire future, and what it meant as he watched the Winchesters grow up.
To me, it's a "masterpiece" episode... one of my very favorites that I've honored with that designation, as was "The Man Who Would Be King" in my Season 6 post.
What are your favorite moments from Season 7? Let us know in the comments below.
Speaking for this idjit, it's a whole damn lot.
Thinking about the nature of fatherhood throughout the show, and facing Bobby's last (well, "last" for Supernatural is never last) chapter, how fitting it is that Season 7's "Death's Door" all comes back to the relationships between fathers and sons.
In the most stunning and moving way possible, as Dick Roman's bullet eats away at Bobby's brain, we find out the story of Bobby's own father -- how that experience shaped his entire future, and what it meant as he watched the Winchesters grow up.
"As fate would have it, I adopted two boys. And they grew up great. They grew up heroes."
To me, it's a "masterpiece" episode... one of my very favorites that I've honored with that designation, as was "The Man Who Would Be King" in my Season 6 post.
What are your favorite moments from Season 7? Let us know in the comments below.

I can handle "Death's Door" until Bobby starts talking about his "boys." I lose it every time.
ReplyDeleteFor one of my favorite season 7 moments, I have one word--er, name--for you: CHARLIE BRADBURY. Lovable from the second we meet her, and only more impressive when she bravely teams up with Sam and Dean to get Dick. (Oh, come on. It's season 7! The joke had to be made!)
Charrrrrlieeeee <3
Deletehttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mIdF15OyxkM One of my favorite scenes ever.
ReplyDeleteSweet mother of Chuck YES.
DeleteHorrifying how every single thing they counted on was taken away from them... Bobby's house, their very identities... Baby, then Bobby himself... I LOVE SEASON 7!