Celebrating #SPN300: Season 8, "The Great Escapist"

When does Sam Winchester take a Dean girl's breath away?

Shivering, staggering. In a hotel hallway. In Colorado.

When he talks about his boyhood. When he talks about feeling unclean.

I always loved Sam, but I never really saw things from his perspective... because I identify so strongly with Dean.

But this...

Jared's acting, always more subtle than Jensen's, absolutely floored me in this episode. And the sheer physicality of the performance... his suffering is so loudly telegraphed.

I was struck dumb, heartbroken. On its own, it still ranks No. 1 as my favorite Sam moment of the entire series.
"I remember looking at this picture of Sir Galahad, and, and, and he was kneeling, and— and light streaming over his face, and— I remember... thinking, uh, I could never go on a quest like that. Because I'm not clean."
What are your favorite moments from Season 8? Let us know in the comments below.

Comments

  1. YES. That scene is brilliant in so many ways.

    In a similar vein, I have to give it up to "Sacrifice." Jared broke my heart in that one, too. And I was going to write about Sam finally ending the Trials, and Dean's "past or present" line, but then something else dawned on me.

    Crowley slowly turning human. That build, to the point where it's almost painful (in a captivating way) to watch. Shout-out to Sheppard.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Surprise

Normal Sucks

Savor