Celebrating #SPN300: Season 9, "Bad Boys"

I was thinking the other day about how much Dylan Everett has helped us shape our image of the young Dean Winchester.

It's not just the stories that Jensen-as-Dean has told us. It's the experiences we've seen through Dylan's performances -- some very pivotal, very formative moments that made Dean who he is.

The young actor obviously made a commitment to the very complicated Dean Winchester... the kind of commitment that we know even Jensen himself appreciated. 

Every moment of "Bad Boys" -- flashbacks and present day -- lies at the core of who Dean is.

I mean, the very first thing Sonny does is feed Dean. And he's only there because he stole food for Sammy. You can just take it from there...

What a heartbreak it is that Dean actually finds a home at Sonny's... freedom, identity... the things he'd been denied since he was 4 years old. But he never loses his sense of duty.

When John and Sammy roll up to the farm, even when Sonny says he'll fight for Dean to stay, there's never a question as to what Dean will do.
"Sonny... thank you – for everything. But I have to go."

So, there's John, and Bobby... but now we know there's quite a bit of Sonny in Dean's makeup too.

(Shout out to Hurleyville, N.Y., and the Catskills in general, where I spent much of my formative years. Go see the Lower Hudson Valley in the fall. You won't regret it.)

What are your favorite moments from Season 9? Let us know in the comments below.

Comments

  1. DYLAN EVERETT. He deserves so much credit. I have never known another actor to take the responsibility of filling in an existing role so seriously. He was a gift. (And Jensen's praise, too, was just... <3)

    I hate to give it up to something as grand as a season finale cliffhanger, but HOLY SHEEP, SEASON 9'S IS MY FAVORITE. Crowley's monologue--alone--is sensational, but then to get that little black click before the screen goes black... Ooh! It makes me shiver in delight every time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Surprise

Normal Sucks

Savor