Kelly's Song

Kelly's Song

A Supernatural poem by Doris @doris_helmick

Our second verse for the #SPNWishList fic and art challenge! Doris wrote this a while back but thought it would fit nicely in the challenge. And boy, it surely does. Get your tissues, moms!  -- Jennie


I have to be going, my little one.
My arms will never feel your weight.
But I cannot stay, my beloved son.
Jack, know this, if you know naught else:
The cost of my love was never too great.



One Angel's dark grace gave the gift of life.
But Castiel's great love gives you hope.
A cry sliced the Empty, sharp as a knife.
An Angel, two brothers hold you:
This is your fam'ly; they will help you cope.

I see you, my son, through Heaven's gold mist.
Struggles, losses... painful to see.
I'm sad that your cheek, I never once kissed.
Your sweet baby smile, never seen:
Destiny's promise was life free from me.



Breathtakingly pure, the light of your soul.
A match to Dean's, bright as the sun.
Sam saw it first, a heart not dark as coal.
You reached for Cas, ere your first breath:
Cas broke Empty's hold; that battle was won.

Infancy stolen, so sorry, my son.
Your sweet growing days couldn't be.
In my mother's heart, you're held, little one.
Each moment I treasure you more:
And you've a fam'ly that loves you, for me.

So, we'll be together in time, my boy.
As our journeys' paths intersect.
Live, love, and learn; feel the richness of joy.
You've people who'll teach you and lead:
Stumble, fall, don't give up; show your respect.



Life hurts sometimes, and you'll feel so alone.
But don't close yourself off, my love.
There's a purpose to this life, you'll be shown.
Heed your fam'ly with heart engaged:
As I watch you and love you from above.

Doris Helmick 10/15/2018

Comments

  1. Wow. Just wow!! This was beautiful and I definitely cried. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely breathtaking. The pain of Kelly having to part with her son and her pure love for him is so clearly illistrated in this piece, you can feel every second of it and it breaks my heart into a million pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for finally giving Kelly a voice so true. A mother’s love, joy and sorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Surprise

Normal Sucks

Savor